Life as a 3L at Texas Law

7.17.2007

Gettin' my meme on!

I've been meme-tagged by Matt "I listen to bands that don't even exist yet" Dentler (which is "spreading throughout the indie film blogosphere!") I thought this would be a chance for me to "get real" and really express a softer side of myself. Hee hee.

The Rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.

---------------
1: I was born left-handed but now am pretty much right-handed, except when it comes to playing sports and some other activities involving hand-eye coordination. When I was 4 years-old I was throwing a fit outside of my grandparents' house after having my DPT shot- and my mummy dearest lifted me by my left arm without supporting it, popping my left arm out of socket. Apparently I refused to use my left hand in school when coloring and holding a pencil- so I learned how to write with my right hand. I can only conclude that this explains why I am so confused all of the time- the right and left hemispheres of my brain are constantly fighting each other for dominance! Hee hee!

dos: I've only been "athletic" three times in my life really. When I was a young girl, I was a gymnast for about six years and competed and all that until my parents got married and we moved to a small town without a gym and it became clear to all I would become Amazonian one day. Then I played some volleyball in junior high- I was pretty good. Then I rowed crew in college- I made up for my lack of good form (and perfect attendance) with my hulk-like strength and heart of steel... so I think...

three: I made my television debut on the Channel 4 News when I was 6 years-old. A news crew was filming a story on the lack of visitors at South Padre Island that vacation season- I was in the background trying to do cartwheels into the pool. I look awesome.

d: In high school I "lettered" in Academic Decathlon (I placed 2nd or something in the Writing competition at Regionals); Journalism (co-ed. of the Science Academy newspaper- "The Tangent"- which was coincidentally founded by the one and only Matt Dentler- and I placed at U.I.L. Regionals in Editorial writing); and National Honor Society (I was V.P.). Total hipster was I. Heh.

five: I used to go hunting and fishing with my dad almost every weekend (sometimes every day) from the ages of eight until thirteen (but not by choice). I had my first and last major "kill" when I was in the 5th grade. One of my college boyfriends always bragged about what a great angler he was. We all went out to to the Arroyo one time and he wouldn't bait his own hook because he was scared of the live bait, so I had to do it for him every time. That was an awesome day. (Oh, and he was not a nice person- so that's why I get to be like that.)

6: Not a surprising follow-up to five, but I used to only listen to country-western music (and still hold it near and dear to my heart). I've been to many a C-W concert- George Jones, Brooks & Dunn, Garth Brooks (the free show at the Island a few years back), the G. Ole Opry, to name a few. Some of my best memories as a kid were spent at beef syndicates and fishing tournaments learning to two-step, dancing the cotton-eyed joe, and playing hide and go seek with the other kids.

SIETE: I'm really klutzy. As a result of this klutziness, I've had like, two major concussions (where I lost consciousness and got really really sick, had to be hospitalized, etc.- horseback riding accident and a roller-skating accident) and two minor ones. I've never had stitches (awesome!) I've broken my arm, my finger (IM flag football, how I rue you so!) and my collar bone, sprained things I don't know how many times, and most recently broke my ass.

8: When I was about ten years-old I decided that I wanted to be an expatriate when I grew up like the Fitzgeralds and Gertrude Stein.
---------------
If there is something that you feel is important about me that I have left out, feel free to say so in the Comments section. Now I must tag eight* bloggers to keep the meme alive...

Adventursaurus Rex
alt/tab
Dr. Poetus
The Bea
Seeking Paradise

*Am only tagging five because I don't really know that many bloggers.

4 comments:

Ergo, Chris said...

I've been tagged across the well established borders of the blogosphere.

The hell you say!

Jane Milton said...

Hi Kaylars! Thanks for the shout out. I love reading your blog. (I was reading Ivy Gate when I found your blog) Good luck with the bar exam. It brings back memories... none of them good. But as Rob Schneider so eloquently said, "You can do it! All night long."

Come back and check my blog. I hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers, Jane

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention your magazine full-page spread as the ultra-vampy-yet-still-professional pres of the Texas Women's Law Caucus.

Kaylars Loblaw said...

http://www.utexas.edu/law/depts/alumni/utlaw/

(Spring 2006, biotch)