Life as a 3L at Texas Law

7.13.2007

Law firm tools up The White Stripes

If you're Jack and Meg White, how would you know that you've officially become a part of what your hipster fan base fears most in this world (besides the demise of American Apparel)- the beast that is the 'mainstream'?

A. A certain big law firm gives out copies of your latest CD, Icky Thump, to its current Summer Associates.

B. These CDs are accompanied by a copy of this month's Blender, on which you grace the cover.

C. Said law firm hosts a major recruiting event for the week of July 22 (also the week I take the Texas Bar) at your Madison Square Garden show.

D. All of the above (of course).

I guess I can't really complain about the douche bag factor polluting the show (the hipsters take care of that on their own). However, I'm not sure the Stripes will appreciate the influx of Havaianas, madras, or the cool looks for summer from J. Crew.

Thank you, NYC office of Kaye Scholer, for tooling up The White Stripes. We all really appreciate it.

No comments: