Life as a 3L at Texas Law

7.18.2007

i'm in like with you

The new site iminlikewithyou.com (currently in Beta) was described to me by my friend Jonnii as ebay for dating. I just got an invite and signed on, so I will be test-driving the beta version and reporting on whether I think the concept has legs.

I'm kind of completely confused as to how it works- something about points and playing games and making games... however, the site and interface themselves are very fluid and, well, sexy.

According to Jonnii in an earlier AIM conversation we had:
[Y]ou can either spend your points playing other peoples games which gives you the chance to meet them [chat with them], or you can make a game which gives people the chance to meet you
you get to pick out of the top 5 highest bidders.
[I]t's not rocket science.
This is going to be huge.
Way better to chat on than AIM or MSN.

The front page of the site reveals they're developing a facebook application. There is none other than a LolCat on the front page to greet visitors, too.

And there you have it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree. iminlikewithyou.com seems to painfully hip. It'll never break through. It'll be the friendster to google chat or aim's myspace or facebook.

Kaylars Loblaw said...

are they working you so hard this summer that you've stopped paying attention to the difference between to and too? not that i'm the spelling police- okay, so maybe i am sometimes- but this is one of your pet peeves, dudes. i am v. concerned over your mental health.

Anonymous said...

i said it was easier to chat to you on msn than on iminlikewithyou. doofus.

Kaylars Loblaw said...

i don't even have msn, clown. i roll on aim- always and 4 eva. see why i'm so confused about this iminlikewithyou? i don't even know...

Anonymous said...

ur dum. true story