Life as a 3L at Texas Law

7.12.2007

I'm a Blue Haired Girl

This morning I pulled my hungover and still-somewhat-drunkened arse off Matt, Greg, and Tommy's sofa (my former neighbors) and hauled it to my 11AM hair appointment at Wet salon. Three and a half red hot hours later I left with much shorter and much bluer hair. Yes, I am officially a blue haired girl- something I've wanted to be since I was 13. This will be the last opportunity I will ever have to be blue headed until I'm a blue haired senior citizen. But I'm not going to be misleading- it's not entirely blue- it's black with electric blue highlights. I'm pretty sure my blue hair gives me super powers to take the Bar. And I think it's fing haute*.

After I texted my mum telling her what I had done, she responded with a "you are not serious?" I responded that my text had not been in jest. I do not think she is as excited about my blue hair as I am. It's a teenage rebellion at age 24.

To commemorate this big time milestone, I am posting this video for the song "Karl and Julie" from the french post-rock band Blue Haired Girl. Enjoy!

No comments: