Like, I don't get it. I really don't get it. I don't know dude... I think this is something a guy would understand? Any takers?
The video embedded below is kind of way better than anything on MXC:
(the last sequence requires some real skill and ingenuity- mos def worth watching all the way through- or at least ignoring the video until it gets to the good parts.)
When I rolled into the Spiderhouse tonight (to get my study on, of course) my favorite album of 1998, Pulp's This is Hardcore, was playing and it was a big fat blast from the past. I discovered my affinity for all things Jarvis Cocker when the video for "Like A Friend" premiered on MTV's 120 minutes on March 9 of the same year (hosted by Matt Pinfield/guested by Cocker). The song was featured in the 1998 remake of Great Expectations (starring Ethan Hawke and Gwyneth Paltrow). Call me lame, but I have always really liked that movie despite its happy ending. Oops, maybe I should have put in a spoiler warning. Too much effort + I think classics get excluded from the general rules on spoilers (reasonable expectation, blah blah blah can think of lots of rationales that I can somehow relate back to the law). Anyways, the "Like A Friend" video features obligatory scenes from the movie, including a few shots where Estella strips down to nothing so that Finn can draw her nude. It's fing hot*
"Like A Friend" has been my personal love-relationship anthem since March 9, 1998. I guess teen angst... begets twenties angst....
Today I learned that we all have gonads. Totally blog worthy revelation.
In other news, I'm exhausted, my dog's mad at me for [unintentionally] keeping her up during my all-nighters, my apartment smells of moldy food festering in my sink because I haven't done the dishes in ages, and I am not sure I have any clean shirts to take the MBE in tomorrow. Plus I = tired + p3wnd by the lame MPT today. Yeah, you heard me MPT- I be frontin.'Werd to your mutha'- I'm out.
(I don't really throw away dirty dishes. I'm a silly over-consumer but I'm not that silly!)

1 comment:
I'm not usually a huge Gwynnie fan, but she looks really hot in that movie.
... ok, I lie. I think I might be a Gwynnie fan.
Post a Comment