Life as a 3L at Texas Law

7.29.2007

3Ms: Movie Mania Monday

I am down in the Valley for the next two days. The Valley doesn't really have the internets or internet cafes or anything that most U.S. suburban cities have (aside from the requisite Target, Chili's and TJ Maxx.) Nor is there anything to do other than eating lots of Mexican food and going to the movie theatre. After eating dinner at Taqueria El Zarape, I unilaterally decided there was nothing to do now during my visit other than have Movie Mania Monday with my little brother all day tomorrow. I haven't been to the movies since I saw "Hostel 2" months ago- I am in serious need of summer blockbuster fare. Sharyland Tinseltown and Transformers, HP, and Simpsons here we come!

Fun fact: There is a Cinemark Theater monopoly in South Texas. Awesome.

Check out the mockingbird cacophony TED2006-style, as broken down by writer and slam poet Rives.

I don't know why you doin' what you doin', but I do it all for the lulz...


I'm in love with the Dragonettes' song and video "The Boys"- a wicked lame' dance party of leotarded fun- and a response to Calvin Harris' "The Girls."


It kind of reminds me of the "I Like Boys" bust out in contemporaneous song and dance locker room montage from the 80s tween classic Teen Witch.


I miss Austin... my mom books me on the best guilt trips... ever.

UPDATE: There was absolutely no MMM. :( After me and the spawn that is my 14yold little brother had breakfast with our grandmother on Monday, we both crashed out on her couch and slept through our movie time. It sucked. But the sleep was awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy shit those videos are awesome, whereever did you get them i wonder?

Ergo, Chris said...

Well, hell. I don't check your blog for two days and find you were visiting. Figures.