Life as a 3L at Texas Law

4.17.2007

I'm the Ugly Friend


This is an update to this post.

Apparently, Boris only asked for my number so I would stay an extra minute or so and thus give his friend Dice more time with my friend Dr. Mario. He texted me because he's NOT the kind of asshole guy that doesn't call after getting a chick's number.

I know there's a name for the girl that the wingman goes for but I can't remember the word. I went on a quest trying to figure it out- I asked a couple of my guy friends for help:
Boy A: there's a girl in my section who does it for her hot friend.
we call her "the bodyguard-" many a wingman has tried and failed to engage her in convo on behalf of his friend. basically, i think you could just call her "the ugly one" or c*ck block/interference.
Boy B: I don't know. The ugly/fat one?

This is what wiki had to say:
Wingman is a term in the seduction community that a man may take when he goes to a club or bar with an accompanying male. A wingman is expected to support his friend in approaching women. The men often pick a desired woman, who is referred to as the "target." The man intending to seduce the target is often called the "pilot." The wingman is expected to back up the pilot, which typically entails talking to the target's less attractive friend(s) and making comments that will make the pilot seem more attractive. This is often referred to as "taking one for the team." The 1986 film Top Gun is often credited with bringing the term into popular usage.

Wingmen, get over yourself already. Seriously. The ugly/fat girl doesn't need your "company" our false attentions to have a good time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend you. Must have been jealous.

Ergo, Chris said...

Cheer up, Kaylars.
You're not my ugly friend.