A not so distant second- Bjork's performances which featured an accompanying horn-section-doubling-as-vocalists dressed as if they'd been raised by the Polyphonic Spree.2. Yesterday I went to Hula Hut for dinner at 6ish. There were about a thousand people in attendance for Friday happy hour festivities. A thousand. At 7:30PM there was a one hour wait to procure a buzzer, and then a one hour wait to be seated after that. Why are there not enough cool places to eat in the ATX? And why does no one want to accept reservations...
3. I bought one of my graduation dresses this weekend- it is the one that is pictured. (UPDATE: Handzah thinks this dress is "ugly.")Actually, I initially bought two because I "need" two. The other one was white- but I realized post-purchase that Shmarie had just bought the exact same white dress a week before me. We wear white during our graduation ceremony out of tradition- it is optional to do so.
Upon explaining why I was returning the dress to the cashier at Anthropologie, she let me know she understood. Apparently when she was a freshman in high school she called her Mom to come pick her up from school due to an "emergency." She had discovered that ill-fated morning too late that another girl had worn the exact same pair of white, low-rise Abercrombie jeans that my cashier had worn to school! (An aside, the cashier told me this was of course back when Abercrombie was "cool.") To her credit she did admit that she probably shouldn't have been wearing such low-rise pants or made such a big deal about it. Then she gave me a red hot tip about a plethora of white dresses waiting to be worn at the by george off SoCo.
4. I will not fear the Black Crusaders. Or should I?
5. Carlos 'N Charlies- Lake Travis. Perfect training ground for a cougar-to-be like me. I learned a lot this afternoon observing the seasoned cougs marking their prey.

Coug-In-Training Field Research Notes:
Subject tended to be characterized by middle age, Mystic tan, Fake nails, Blonde hair, Short white shorts or tight white pants, Cleevage bearing tops, Large frozen drink only served in a fishbowl or obnoxiously large plastic glass in hand, and the company of a tall glass of water on her arm. And yes, those are cast members from the Real Housewives of Orange County.
7. Caress Fairytales. At first I thought this was an SNL Shorts skit. But no, it's for reals.
6. Heroes is bringing sexy back this Monday. That hasn't happened yet, I know, but I've been dying for something interesting to DV-R on Mondays!
UPDATE:
7. Congratulations to all of the kids from Texas Crew that rowed this weekend in Oak Ridge, TN at the Southern Intercollegiate Rowing Association Championships (particularly the Novice Women- their 4+C won 4th in their first heat and their 8+C won 3rd in the final competition qualifying them for Nationals). Go Texas! For comprehensive results, click here.
I'm out.

3 comments:
CIT programs spring up at any location offering fishbowl drinks.
if i had purchased a dress that you didnt like your reaction would be similar. i think you would probably make a face too. at least (as far as you know) i didnt.
ps you forgot MO, CO, UT
i have no poker face. :( honesty is the best policy, but it sucks you don't like the dress...
Post a Comment