
So I have a dude friend that recently made out with a "not bad looking" lady Thursday night at a party- a friend of a friend situation. (Side Note: apparently a lot of this has been going around lately. That is, random hookups. As has fighting, breakups and apathy- I think it's the time of the year for that or something.) My friend was faced with the following dilemma: after hooking up with a relatively attractive person you know you're not interested in dating, should you put yourself in a social situation soon after (i.e. go to another party/club/event) which you know they'll be at? Answer: You probably shouldn't go even if there is a possibility for a Round 2 in order to protect your good honor. I'm only halfway joking, because seriously it's very hard to know what the polite or mannerly thing to say or way to behave is, especially since there is virtually nothing built up in the way of previous interaction or friendship/trust building. Any action either person takes could be interpreted as asshole-sque, bitchy, skanky, unfeeling, unaffectionate, or worse... rejection. That's just too much pressure to have on you when you're trying to chillax and have fun. I say, just blow off the entire pressure-cooked awkward second meeting for awhile. That is of course, unless you've done something really dumb like misplace a nice piece of jewelry that you embarrassingly cannot retrieve unless there is an awkward second meeting.
You definitely shouldn't attend if you know they like you and want it to become something more "serious."
Dude, that's like the golden rule of mugging down: cruel is not cool.

1 comment:
I never go back the next night ... unless I accidentally gave her a $20 bill instead of a $10. Meaning I pay for sex. ZINNNG.
Post a Comment