Original post deleted by Kaylars...
It was up most of the day. If you read it, then go you!
Update: Wua-wua!
Update Update: Maybe I should call a wua-mbulance
Update x 3: some musical suggestions from me to you- Nina Simone (apparently everyone and their mother has been listening to for quite some time- possibly the better part of the last century); Bob Bleed which I can only describe as bluesy baby makin' music (K8 saw them during Roundup festivities this past wee kend- apparently he's a bloated and croonin' one man show who is "fantastic")
I added the Shins/Rapture/Shiny Toy Guns show to the concert list due to popular (that would be one poster's) demand! I am not so down with the new Shins album, and I have given STG a fair listen and they're kind of hit or miss for me. I've already seen the Shins 1x, but It might be worth it to see The Rapture- given the effort it will prob take to get a ticket (this is sponsored by mtvU after all) I'd say all bets on this show are off unless you want to help end genocide by seeing "Caring is Creepy" performed live. Either way, I can't go anyways IF I am rowing in the SIRA race. But I'm not hatin', anonymous poster.
And congratulations University of Florida Gators! I am glad that someone had maybe the best day of their life! UF- you are kind of lame (as you are located in Florida and not in Texas), but at least you have your basketball championship since you don't have your football one... and at least you were never associated with the 7th Floor Crew (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_Floor_Crew).
Which reminds me...
Lyric excerpts from the bards of the 7th Floor Crew (please hum to the tune of Aaliyah's "If Your Girl Only Knew"):
"(Whats your name?) G-Reg. (What you do?) Get h**d. (How you do it?) Drop my drawers, let her see my third l*g. Chillin' on the 7th floor.."
From now on I think I'm going to refer to all of my guy friends named greg as "G-Reg." Werd.
Update (again) on this post- Thanks anonymous poster- I obvi didn't pay much attention to who actually won the BCS/AP Championship game this past January- all I remember from that game was happiness the Buckeyes were upset. By UF, apparently That game might've been played on my birthday, too. So UF has their Championship titles in basketball and football this year. That doesn't mean I will rescind my congratulations, though- it just means that I shall walk away w/ tail b/w legs.

4 comments:
no shins/shiny toy guns/rapture love on your upcoming shows??! :(
For Ms. Winehouse's biggest fan, an entire set from Amy (And her box of Franzia): http://www.culturebully.com/archives/3022
Maybe I am missing something but why doesn't UF have their football championship?
"Dom Imus is in a lot of trouble lately after referring to the Rutgers women's basketball team on air as "nappy headed hos." Turns out that's offensive. Turns out you can't say that. Except if you're a rapper. If you're a women's basketball fan and you were offended by this, I wonder how offended you were about the 40 for 107 shooting performance Rutgers and Tennessee put up in NCAAW National Championship game. Yeah, women's basketball is exciting. I'd rather watch my leg being amputated than forty minutes of missed layups and cramps."
Post a Comment