If you or someone you know touched a bat near the south end of Bellmont (off of San Jacinto St., across from the Alumni Center) on Monday, April 23, 2007, Environmental Health & Safety needs to talk to you. Please call Environmental Health & Safety, 471-5776 / 471-3511 or call the City of Austin Health and Human Services Department, 512-972-5590, and report that you touched a bat. Thank You.
To begin with, I am pretty sure I got something put into my drink the one time I ever went to the Bellmont.

Anyways, last year around this time of the year someone touched a bat on campus. They turned it into the proper authorities and I guess the bat tested positive (+) for rabies. The school authorities sent out mass emails trying to find the person that found the bat. All they knew about the individual was that her name was Kaylars.
Yep, that's right. So there are like a total of 8 people at the entire University with the name Kaylars. For weeks I received emails, texts and phone calls from professors I'd taken classes with, doctors I'd seen before at University Health Services and administrators I was working with for student organization stuff wanting to know if I was the "Rabies Girl." It was awesome. Not really.
A couple of weeks later I was rolling into the Student Health Services to do some routine blood work. When I signed in on the sign-in sheet, I noticed another "Kaylars" on the list right before me. Yes, I came face to face with Rabies Kaylars in the waiting room. I guess she was coming in to get her rabies shot. Wua wua.
She can be Rabies Kaylars, I will be Bat Girl.

1 comment:
Okay, I thought the whole Hermione dress up thing was about as hot as hot could be.
This just got hotter.
Post a Comment