Life as a 3L at Texas Law

8.13.2007

TV would never lie to me...

UPDATE on 8/14/07 at 12:24AM:
I received the following message re: Mystery on facebook two days ago:
I once met mystery at a PUA thing in London. It's all a bunch of crap, and the guys are weird nerdy losers.

And there you have it!
Good stuff on the tube this week- it's summer slim-pickings; indeed. Don't forget to set your DV-Rs accordingly!*
Monday night:
Big Love (HBO, 9 and 11PM)
Weeds (SEASON PREMIERE! Showtime, 9PM)
So You Think You Can Dance- Top 4 finalists (Fox, 8PM)
My Boys (TBS, 9PM)
The Pick-up Artist (VH1, 9 and 11:30PM)- Episode 2 **See more below**

Wednesday night:
So You Think You Can Dance- Season Finale: Part 1 (Fox, 8PM)
Real World: Sydney (MTV, 10PM)- Really? Really? Yes, really- it's fantastic! I haven't liked the Real World since Hawaii in 1999- I highly recommend.

Thursday night:
So You Think You Can Dance- Season Finale: Part 2 (Fox, 8PM)

Sunday:
Entourage (HBO, 9PM)

*That's probably really annoying to people that don't have DV-R. Oh well!
** The Pick-up Artist: This show is about Master Pick-up Artist "Mystery," who with the help of fellow M.P.A.s Maddog or Danger (or R-Dawg or something like that) plans to tackle eight schlubs and make them lovable to women. And apparently there's some kind of elimination and contest aspect, where the winner becomes an official M.P.A. and gets to travel around with Mystery and crew teaching other desperate men the way of the pick-up artist. The first episode was filmed at this lame club called The Foundation in the ATX. While watching it occurred to me that I'd actually had passes to attend the taping- some guy in law school put up a facebook invite to get people to go that night. I ended up at Lavaca Street instead (regrettably; it ended up being one of those nights you would rather only your best friend, doctor, attorney and priest know about- in the figurative sense only). I really wish I would've gone to Foundation and met Mystery instead. Anyways, so the concept is bizarro and the unlucky-in-love guys are either overweight, in the closet, or otherwise strange... with the crazy eye... there's even one guy who's a 45 year-old virgin. Mystery wears eyeliner.
He MUST be mysterious- His name is Mystery.
Some rando woman on the street appearing on "The Pick-up Artist"
Classic RW:S conversation (verbatim)
Kelley Anne: So like, you're from New York? How was 9/11?
Parisa (who is a practicing Muslim): Yeah it was pretty terrible. I was waitressing at the time, and like, people would throw plates at me and my managers would throw plates at me.

No comments: