Life as a 3L at Texas Law

8.15.2007

Blog ripper

Tonight I bought my tickets to Days 1 and 3 of the ACL festival and to the Spoon/New Pornographers show in Houston on Nov 1. (This cements the fact I will miss the St. Vincent/The National show in Dallas, but will likely get to see The National on Day 3 of ACL.) It was a tough choice b/w Spoon and Girl Talk (which is at the same time at the Engine Room). I've seen Spoon, The NP's and Girl Talk each 1x. In the end the charismatic songster Brit Daniel and my personal heroine, Neko Case, won out out over Greg Gillis.
I am also probably going to see Bloc Party on Sept 21st with Shmarie and Berto in the Htown. I am trying to make the best of Houston by looking at upcoming show schedules- it has a decent indie music scene, but I think that's due in large part to its proximity to Austin and its large size. And I'm not so deep in that scene anyways and only do about 1-3 shows a month so I doubt I'm missing out on a hella' lot. And in the mix I finally booked my flight for next weekend to Grand Junction, Colorado, where I will be picked up by Hannah and taken to Moab, Utah for four days of mad fun (and probably lots of "roughing it" with my favorite archaeologist and her forestry-loving man). Summer of Hannah and Kayla: Part Deux! (Part One was during the summer of '99- so, literally, we may be livin' it up like it's 1999.)
I am thinking about buying tix from a scalper to get into the Stripes' sold-out after-show at Stubb's on Sunday. If I can get off work the weekend of Oct 5-7 I think I shall hop on a plane to NYC to see the LCD Soundsystem/Arcade Fire show... but that's probably a mere pipe dream...

By the way, why is Greg Gillis such a freaking bad ass? Oh right- it's b.c. he's so raw.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The question is did Greg hook up with the sketch girl in the yellow mini in the front row after the girl talk show? All signs point to yes.

Anonymous said...

(spoon + NP) > girl talk

Kaylars Loblaw said...

X-actly.