Life as a 3L at Texas Law

8.05.2007

Humdrum Weekend

Saturday I had qt scheduled with Bobby, but he had to cancel at the last minute when his mum came into town unexpectedly. Luckily, Will called me almost as soon as I woke up (3PM- yes, eek) and we agreed to meet up and let the day carry us wherever it carried us.

We roamed about the neighborhood- fountain colas at J. Deli, caffeine at It's a Grind, candy for Will (he is a candy addict). At some point we went over to H-E-B just to explore the aisles, chat, check out cute boys, and enjoy the air conditioning. We decided we'd be the people that go to the H-E-B when it's really hot in the summer because they don't have A/C at home. (Please note: those people do actually exist ).

It was a very productive afternoon of walking around the neighborhood and planning what we dubbed Last Austin Bash. The Bar was just a week and a half ago, and between then and now there's been a virtual flight of Class of '07-ers leaving Austin. Everyone's either on vacation (the minority) or have already moved (the majority). Will is moving on Monday (tomorrow)- so for him this really was his last bash. It was kind of sad that it happened so anti-climatically and swiftly, with no pomp or circumstance.

Anywho, at 9 we met up with Danny at the Stephen F. Austin Hotel bar- I tried to sign the guest book at a wedding that was taking place in the ballroom next to the bar. My efforts were thwarted by my own concern for propriety, though.

Then we went to Beauty Bar- met up with a mish-mash group of law school and non-law school kids- danced 'till 2AM. Beauty Bar on a Saturday nite = a total scene.

I chased down a cab on 6th and Red River- it was pretty exciting. Then we all went back to mine to A.P. w/ the NES, the laptop, music, and t.v. until the sun finally came up. I suggested we try to stay up to go to church at 11- within 15 minutes everyone had fallen asleep (or was pretending to). All in all, a fun night.

Today I laid around with friends and ordered 3 (1!!1) jr. cheeseburgers off the super value menu at Wendy's, found a ride to my car (which I had left in a parking garage off 4th and Congress), watched the fourth Harry Potter movie, and then went on a dramatic and stressful 2 hour midnight food run with four of Nathan's friends during which we drove to a sketchy BBQ restaurant in e. austin (I was down but they weren't) and up and down the drag arguing about who wanted what to eat.

Two hours after we left we arrived back at Nathan's with lots of Jack in the Box. There's a Jack in the Box like 5 minutes from the apartment. By the way, if you go with the mozz sticks at JitB, stay away from the zesty marinara- it has a naaarrrssstty after-taste that kicks in about 1 second upon putting it in your mouth. I know, I know- bad marinara sauce can almost ruin an evening that relies solely on the procurement of greasy food.

But in the end it was the journey that was important, and not the destination...


(Watching SNL reruns right now.)
Sean Connery says: p + o - o = p

(Hahaha. It's funnii!)

No comments: