Anyways, the night started when me and Bobi ran down to the Gingerman to meet up with some law school kids that I know for Audrey (a law school friend's) birthday gathering. Bobi and I are one another's Wingpersons and Saturday night was officially the beginning of The Summer of Bobi and Kaylars.
There were about 10-15 kids there and we hung out for about an hour or so before heading down to Side Bar and Emo's.At Emo's me and Bobi ran into Matt and Greg (the former neighbors- see the "Hole in the Door" post- love those guys!) and Teddy B., who is two or three years junior to her older sister Melody whom I was good friends with in h.s. Well I haven't seen Teddy since I was 18, so running into her was totally random, fun and great and we danced and had a good time. I'd never really heard any Octopus Project before- the music was.. well, really different- the band has lots of good energy and traffics in psychedelia. Check out the music video for "Music is Happiness" if you want to know/hear/see more of the OP. Yvonne Lambert, the OP's theramin player (the theramin, I learned last night, is the first instrument to be created that can be played without being touched), had the cutest dress on!

Afterwards, we decided to after-party at Matt and Greg's where we hung out watching a Yeah Yeah Yeah's concert on demand and playing around on the guys' instruments (drums, a bajillion lead guitars, etc.) It was fun. At around 3AM we decided to make a pizza run to Pizza Classics- unfortunately when we arrived they were almost closing. However, the manager was arguing with a customer on the phone who apparently couldn't afford the pizza they'd ordered- so Greg handed the pizza guy a ten and walked out with that person's pizza.
So all in all, a night of magic rush for even a raconteur.

No comments:
Post a Comment