Life as a 3L at Texas Law

6.05.2007

Farewell Le Blog

I am ending the blog.

[insert wua wua here.]

:)

The blog originally began as a "Sex and the City" inspired column where I could rant and wax poetic about all of my romantic woes- it would evolve into a place all things Kaylars as I started annoying myself with the complaining about ineffectual, snively boys. (Really, there are much stimulating topics to discuss.) I am really happy to have my last semester of law school recorded and "illustrated" (with the help of Ctrl+click and the google image search) on le internet for the foreseeable future.

Writing regularly has helped me rein in awkward sentence structuring (for the most part) and it's also helped me remember how much I enjoy writing as a means of self-expression. The blog was also the perfect conduit for lots and lots and lots of admissions about the absurdity in my day to day life. I feel like I've gone as far as I can with the blog, as it's begun to take up a lot of time, energy and thought; I simply don't have the devotion to it anymore to expend the kind of effort I would hope to give it. My inclination is that my time can be better spent on other more focused and actionable endeavors/adventures; and that the blog was in too many ways a reflection of a person living a mostly self-centered life. No one ever saved the world by publishing their personal dilemmas and experiences on the internet (told in half-truths to preserve face and anonymity). All in all my blog is a mere projection of the way I want people to view my online persona.

Deep, I know. I've been taking a dip in Lake Kaylars the last couple of days.

The point being that for what it is, the blog is great but going forward would take up more time than I want to devote; and I have too much pride in it to only half-ass keeping up with it.

The lasting benefit I received from blogging has been a newfound appreciation for all of the extraordinary and interesting things that I witness in my life that I completely overlook most of the time. When blogging regularly I mentally put away interesting insights, happenings, dramas, and punny quips and quotes for later use in a post. All of those things have added up, and I realize, "I live a pretty stimulating, gutsy and romantic life." On days I've felt salty and rough it feels nice to be comforted with the knowledge that enough absurd and ridiculous things are probably going on around me to make other people (and often myself) laugh- or completely shock them.

Well, this is me signing out. No attached picture in the post (to commemorate the occasion).

Thanks for coming along on this magic carpet ride with me.

Kaylars

I've been told that this post is OTT dramatic. Well that's how it goes, people. That's how it goes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Le Blog est mort. Vive le Blog!

Ergo, Chris said...

I predict de Blogge will go into hiatus for a season, only to come back in as a midseason replacement for a flagging controversial new show. Oh, and this time, a dog will be added to the lineup.