Life as a 3L at Texas Law

5.25.2007

Texts From An Anonymous NYC Summer Associate

Sent from Anonymous Summer Associate [9:21AM] I just realized I don't know what I'm doing with the office coffee machine. It's one of those single serving dealings.
Sent from Kaylars [9:22AM] Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not start crying.

What's a Summer Associate you ask? It's a law student that works for first year attorney pay over the summer with a prospective employer doing rudimentary legal work and getting recruited to work there right out of law school. In other words, lots o' wining, dining and fun.

I did it last summer at two Texas law firms.

Good luck all ye Summer Associates out there!

(I couldn't find a proper accompanying picture. YOU google "summer associates" and see what YOU find... pshaw!)

UPDATE: I was obviously dead wrong. For your enjoyment: fitting pictures of some Summers in majestic Minneapolis showing how much fun they have working for their future employer!

Will their offer depend on their mad DDR skills?

Test to see how well they can balance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.lindquist.com/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC=%7BFF5DE440-1ECF-4534-B91B-02D3AF61C17E%7D

Go there to see Summer Associates take a cooking class, Play dance dance revolution and skeetball, and take a segway tour of historic Minneapolis.

Anonymous said...

By the way, "Be the change you want to see in the world" has to be the most annoying, cliched quote evah. I have inner-rage for anyone I see on facebook with it. Any quotes that do that to you?