Life as a 3L at Texas Law

5.30.2007

Stigmata and Vanity

I had to run by Austin Police Department this afternoon to get some fingerprinting done for the Bar. Anyways, while there I started to observe several of the many characters in the waiting room. (JRon said this was an ill-fated idea since some of the people there were likely going into the jail or had "Case Numbers" and that I could get shot from being so nosy). Well, I couldn't help it! I like people-watching (also known as people staring). One such character looked like he was college-aged, was rocking a politically-conscious Save Darfur shirt and carrying a copy of "Revelations of Divine Love". Well, he gets up to the police info desk and says he has some unlikely story with regards to the restrictions on his driver's license, but that his pastor can back his story up and he's waiting outside to do just that. So what was the story? From what I could gather via eavesdropping, at some point he had his driver's license revoked in either Texas or Wisconsin because there was concern over him driving. Apparently he had the stigmata. Yes, the stig-freaking-mata- bodily marks, sores, or sensations of pain in locations corresponding to the crucifixion wounds of Jesus. Absurd. Absolutely and totally.

I put up pics of myself on my blog- you might have noticed. They're in the right-hand column. I am trying to increase the scope of readership on my blog. Anyways, several people (i.e. dudes) I talked to thought that putting up pics of myself would help bring in more readers- something about tech boys and semi-attractive women on the internet reading tech news and their crushes on online chicks? I'm not going that far- but yeah...

Tonight I am going to help JRon dye her hair dark brown from dark red, hanging out with Kate at my place with a bottle of wine after she gets off of work, going to a pub quiz on 6th Street with some law skewl kids I don't know very well, and then running by my usual Wednesday guys' night hang out spot (DH Dubs) and watching the Spurs (hopefully) beat the Jazz. Busy night!


AND last but never least, Go Spurs Go!
(Yes, Tony Parker is tres cute.)
(And yes, the Spurs DID throw an entire season so that they could draft Tim Duncan.)
(And yes, I am a Spurs fan and proud of it. Hey, they're the closest professional sports team to the Valley!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wry, Witty ... and now we learn the kaylars is blessed with winsome good looks? Pictures = stranger danger.

Mark said...

her pic is on myspace and facebook, that's got way more exposure than her blog (right now anyway)