The classes are held in the Crockett Center- where it's very freezing cold every 15 of 20 minutes (but that's besides the heavy sweatered point). I've actually been to the Crockett before, but to see the Texas Roller Derby (not to study for the Texas Bar).
We sit in the exact spot the roller derby ladies skate and kick the shiot out of one another once a month. Oh yes, I feel completely lame.Next door is a pulga (i.e. flea market)- you can run by and get a tattoo on the spot! Across the street: a Chuy's (where I am sure all of the resident alcoholics of my law school class will take residency every day post-Barbri session).
And apparently if you're taking the California Bar Exam you are inclined to make shirts like this:
And THAT, is why I am staying in Texas.
And, I love the following nugget of wisdom and trading of barbs I just heard on "Scrubs:"

Dr. Cox: Okay, think of what little patience I have as, oh, I don't know, your virginity. You always thought it would be there until that night junior year when you were feeling a little bit down about yourself, and your pal, Kevin, who just wanted to be friend, well he dropped by and he brought a copy of "About Last Night" and a bottle of Bartles and James and it was gone forever. Just like my patience.
Patient:Oh so you do scary little speeches? Ha-ha!
By the way, I graduated! Yay! Unfortunately, I am neither an esquire or a lawyer until I pass the Texas Bar. Wua-Wua.
But yay, for graduation! :)

2 comments:
You journal dork ... you're formatting your pull quotes these days?
that we are. and congratulations on graduating! good luck with the bar. i'll need lawyer friends once all the rowers i get injured decide to sue me.
Post a Comment