Life as a 3L at Texas Law

3.05.2007

Weekend Update


Justin Timberlake was kind of awesome- Timbaland was there too! Pink opened for him- she was not that awesome. All in all it was a fantastic weekend filled with meeting new people and having lots of new experiences and learning life lessons:

Lessons learned:
1. Don't drink so much you start trying to fight dudes who are bumping into you on the dance floor- regardless of whether or not they are rude, belligerent or just not paying attention. (Think I might've been overcompensating?)
2. Don't drink so much you don't realize that Clay Walker is making a surprise guest performance at Sammy's (the club you're at).
3. Every girl at the JT concert secretly hoped that JT would pick them out of the crowd and fall in love with them for the night- thus it was a big skankity skank fest for the most part. LAME...
4. Pink is a practice in marketing failure. Her image is that she's a "bad ass;" yet her music sucks and is such that I know of no bad ass that would listen to it or make it. It's not even very good pop. So who is her demographic? Do you know of anyone who is a die-hard Pink fan?
5. JT is freakin' haute*, he dresses tres fashionable, he takes a lot of artistic license from his inspirations Michael Jackson and Prince, he is a great entertainer and has a good sense of humor about himself, he plays instruments; whoever produced and/or directed the concert did a seemless job of weaving together the ingenuity and energy that makes JT so much fun to love
6. I am not perfect and am constantly making mistakes, no matter how much of a bad ass I'd like to think I am sometimes. I've been way too hard on some of the guys that have been interested in me and that I've gone on a date or two with (especially Mini-Coop). I am disappointed in me, especially because I am not yet the person I want to be when I find my lifemate. But learn from my mistakes I will. And I realize I have no idea what I want; but I probably have a better idea than anyone else so I shouldn't take other peoples' advice to heart all of the time- especially when it involves questioning my ability to run my own life.
7. I am SOOOOOO over flirting- on facebook, instant messaging and in real life. All forms of flirting = I am over them! I hate the gamery of it all.
8. I might be throwing in the towel on lourve soon. Too disillusioned to try anymore.
9. Friday night with my exity-ex-ex: tension, a lot that goes unsaid. No big happenings or anything- just tasty mexican dinner + "children of the corn"-watching + hanging out with our good mutual friend Bob Z.
10. It's not cute when Opposing Counsel from Sales Class from Fall 2006 semester ("Opposing Counsel" or O/C) calls me things like "Toots McGee" and "Flirty McFlirtyson" because we are not 65 years-old. And because we are not in the film "Tootsie." And because "Anchorman" wasn't really that funny.

Quick Update re: Really Cute Design Guy- I have decided not to email him back.
Quick Update re: Mini-Coop- he sent me a very sweet email trying to convince me I shouldn't be so hard on myself for being a hubristic asshole. It made me feel a hellalot better.

If you haven't heard Amy Winehouse yet, you mos def should go out and buy her album "Back to Black" or download some of this good stuff off of the interweb. My fave songs: "Back to Black" and "Rehab." She will be in Austin, Texas for the SXSW music festival in two weekends, so if you have a chance you should check her out.

Peace out, world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were going to flirt with you, I'd flirt with you by spelling things out in your cheerios. You'd look down and it'd have spelled out "oooooo" as in "Ooooo, baby, you so fine!" But I wouldn't do that. Because you're so over flirting.

Anonymous said...

Umm, I don't think disease is a reason for not writing on your blog.