Life as a 3L at Texas Law

3.19.2007

Cigarette Instrument


Today I received the following text:
"If a guy compared your relationship to a cigarette addiction, would you take that as a compliment?"
To which I responded:
"Only if he was planning on committing to a lifetime of smoking."

Mind you, one of my favorite music lyrics of all time is from Pulp's "Like A Friend" that goes basically: "Don't bother saying you're sorry, why don't you come in. Smoke all of my cigarettes... Again." Double sighs all around!

When I asked Green how he would've responded, he said: "If a guy told me I was like a cigarette addiction, I'd tell him I was straight... So yeah I guess I would take it as a compliment and be kinda freaked. Anyway, I guess if a girl told me that, I'd probably say I wouldn't take it as a compliment, cause that would imply that I'm controlling and cancerous, but you feel compelled to keep taking a drag regardless .. bit on the negative side I know, but what can I say."

Kind of lacking in creativity on Green's part. I know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever you feel nervous you immediately start smoking. It is a way to avoid nervousness; you become occupied with smoking. Really it is a regression. Smoking makes you again feel like a child - unworried, nonresponsible - because smoking is nothing but a symbolic breast. The hot smoke going in simply takes you back to the days when you were feeding on the mother’s breast and the warm milk was going in; nipple has now become cigarette.

Kaylars Loblaw said...

Okay, Freud...

Ergo, Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ergo, Chris said...

Wait, so am I the one who lacks creativity, or Green? And damn you. I have to keep tabs on four different various blogospheres now. I liked my lj-only little world the way it was.