I think it's appropriate to post the brand new video from LCD Soundsystem for their next single (due out in October)- the bittersweet "Someone Great."
One of my best friends is going through a break-up (sorta). And an ex of mine recently told me this was his favorite song off of the Sound of Silver album. For some reason it's comforting to imagine that he thinks about me when he listens to it. However, the line "you're smaller than my wife imagined/surprised you were human" honestly bothers me.
I dunno. I guess I don't like the idea of him being with someone else. I know how selfish that is.
Life as a 3L at Texas Law
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You know, there's really nothing in that song that makes it necessarily about it an ending relationship. It could be about death. Or perhaps a late-term abortion - which might explain the line you are troubled by.
Post a Comment