Life as a 3L at Texas Law

9.16.2007

ACL Weekend

Go to M. Dentler's blog for photos and a great recap of all of the shows he saw Friday and Saturday. Little Dentler, Patrick, also has a great photo-log of ACL on Flickr- check it out! He took some red hot pics of Joss Stone and Kazu Makino (from Blonde Redhead) and even got in on the ground zero Zilker fire action on Friday.
I hung with Jarren and Matt Friday night and Saturday, traversing the harsh and exciting badlands of ACL Austin together (for the most part).
Several highlights included:
1. Meeting Annie Clark, the woman known as St. Vincent.
2. The Arcade Fire- absolutely amazing, riveting. Definitely a religious experience. I never wanted it to end.
3. Shopping... Jarren and I did a lot of it. Jewelry, dresses, etc.- we found some v. unique stuff, mostly created and/or sold by local Austin designers and artisans.
4. Running into random people at ACL- Matt the Neighbor and Josh Riverside for starters; making new friends with the very chill and hospitable folks in the crowd.
5. The "regular" ACL bathrooms- they're a trip. Waiting in the makeshift queues- also a trip.

So, who did I see and where did I go?
Friday night: Ben Lee and Manchester Orchestra at Maggie Mae's; the imeem DJ dance party at Beauty Bar
Saturday: Cold War Kids, St. Vincent, Damien Rice, The Arcade Fire

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what else did you see besides A. Fire & St. Vincent? I am a growing fan of the Let's Go Out Tonites.

Ergo, Chris said...

Jason Stoll was also there.